Skip to main content

Raising a concern

Guidance on how and when to raise a concern about a worker or someone applying to register.

We regulate people working in social services to make sure that you can have confidence they have the right skills, values and training to do the job.

We consider concerns about registered workers and students or workers and students applying to register with us.

You can check if a person is registered by searching the Register or by calling us on 0345 60 30 891.   

The Care Inspectorate regulates care services in Scotland. If you are unhappy about a care service, you can complain to them through their website or call them on 0345 600 9527.


Guidance for survivors of child abuse while in care in Scotland

This section provides information for survivors of child abuse while in care and their families or friends who may want to raise a concern about a social service worker.

Find out more here

The Rules and our decisions guidance

View the documents that set out how we carry out our regulatory function and provide guidance to decision makers on when to apply the different sanctions available to them.

The Codes of Practice

The Codes of Practice set out the standards of practice and behaviour expected of social service workers and their employers.

What we publish about hearings and decisions – Fitness to Practise Public Information Policy

Read The Public Information Policy to see what information we publish in advance of our hearings, what we don’t and why.